ITS Booklet: Industrial Networking for Intelligent Transportation
To keep traffic operating more efficiently, applications such as electronic toll collection, weigh station, intersection monitoring, passenger rail, and tunnel must have reliable, real-time network communication with traffic management centers to construct a successful intelligent transportation system.
Wirelessly network devices on a fleet of buses and seamlessly transmit information with a central location.
- Ability to provide Wi-Fi connectivity for devices & download data to a central location
- Devices such as cameras and DVRs to capture and store surveillance on-board multiple buses
Provide central control center remote access/control/monitoring of outdoor equipment such as rail signaling, video surveillance, message display boards within the light rail station.
- Remote operation of serial metering and traffic lights
- Real time information update of train schedule
- Real time networking with ATM ticketing machine
- Surveillance IP camera networking
- Rugged, outdoor, extended operating temperature devices
Allows railroad crossing warning systems to transmit and protect serial data signals from one intersection to the next over long distances.
- Automatic serial data transmission between railroad crossing intersections
- Solutions with ESD and EMI protection
- Optical fiber media path to extend distance and prevent corrosion
- Built in serial optical isolation and high surge protection
- Compact design to fit in existing enclosures
- Wide range operating temperature support for any ambient weather conditions
- High industrial grade with long product life cycle
Improve real-time traffic control and monitoring within a toll road.
- STE-601C, STE-6104C-T, STE-516C
Network and monitor city intersections.
- Ability to utilize real-time traffic monitoring
- Capable of using fiber to network different traffic controller equipment
Network roadside equipment to allow remote access capability.
- Require remote operation serial metering device to alert vehicle drivers
- Real time data transmission from outdoor equipment such as pitiless scale and unattended system