Antaira Technologies MSC-102A is a PCI-based serial expansion card. Providing parallel expansion by adding additional serial RS-232 ports to a network computer. This multiport serial card uses two ultra-high performance 16C550 UARTS over the PCI slot.
The 16C550 UART within the MSC-102A serial card is the most widely accepted, PC-compatible chip set on the market. Transfer data rates of up to 115Kbps and 16-byte deep transmitter and receiver FIFOs. Deep FIFOs reduce the multiport serial cards CPU overhead, allowing high data rates.
For legacy applications the PCI resources have been arranged so that the serial ports will be located at standard I/O addresses for DOS environment.
The MSC-102A is the perfect PCI serial card upgrade to support all UART-compatible devices on a changing desktop computer that requires RS232 communication. The MSC-102 multi port serial card will have two individual serial db9 connectors.
- Two 16C550 UART Serial Ports
- PCI 32-bit, PIO Mode with 133MB/S Bandwidth
- PCI IRQ Sharing Feature Eliminates IRQ Conflicts
- Supports both 5V and 3.3V Standard PCI Slots
- Two DB9-Male Connectors (or 2 internal Headers)
- Works with all types of I/O peripherals: Modems, Plotters, PDAs, Printers, Removable Cartridge Drives, CD-ROM/R/RW, SuperDisk LS-120, Digital Camera and others