Antaira Technologies MSC-204A2 multi port PCI Express card provides 4 high performance 16C950-type UART compatible RS232 serial ports. The MSC-240A2 features a 1-chip solution for the PCI Express boards to increase throughput and reduce the CPU loading, comparatively to the current 2-chip solution. Appropriate for either client or server applications, the MSC-204A2 provides com port expansion along the PCI Express bus for up to 4 additional RS-232 ports.
The PCI Express connection allows for backwards compatibility of legacy devices on the standard PCI port. The architecture defines a high-performance, point-to-point, scalable, serial bus at a speed of 250Mbytes/sec to 4GBytes/sec. The multi port MSC-204A2 serial card is Plug-and-Play compatible and has no IRQ and I/O address conflicting problems.
- Full x1 PCI Express Throughput, 250Mbytes/sec
- 4 Fully 16C950 High performance UART channels
- Low Profile Version is Available with Short Bracket
- Baud Rate up to 921.6Kbps
- 128-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receiver
- Detection of Bad Data in the Receiver FIFO
- Provides 5V or 12V Power over Serial Connectors
- Automated in-band flow control using programmable Xon/Xoff in both directions
- Automated out-of-band flow control using CTS#RTS# and/or DSR#DTR#