Antaira Technologies’ MSC-204A1-S PCI Express I/O adapter provides four high performance 16C650-type UART compatible RS232 serial ports. It is designed for a PC, thin client, or server to provide instant COM port expansion via the PCI Express Bus (PCIe).
PCI Express provides a scalable, high-speed, serial I/O bus that maintains backward compatibility with PCI applications and drivers. Its architecture defines a high-performance, point-to-point, scalable serial bus at speeds of 250Mbytes/sec (500Mbytes/sec for PCIe Gen 2) to 4GBytes/sec (and 8Gbytes/sec in the future).
The card is fully PCI Express Plug-and-Play compatible and there are no IRQ and I/O address conflict problems. The MSC-204A1-S provides the scalability to quickly adapt to new PCI Express technologies. It allows you to add serial connectivity as needed. The complete product line offers many choices helping to expand and make serial networking grow within specific requirements.
- PCI Express Compliance with Revision 1.1
- 250Mbps Throughput
- 4 DB9M RS232 Connectors over a 44-pin Octopus Cable
- 4 High Performance 16C550 UART Channels
- Surge Protection: 15KV for RS232
- Baud Rate up to 921.6Kbps 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9-bit Data Framing
- 5V or 12V Power Available Over Serial Connectors
- Hardware and Software Flow Control
- Supports Slow IrDA on All Serial Ports
- Windows: 2000, XP, 2003, 2008, Vista, 7, 8, 10, Linux, and Mac OS
- 5-Year Warranty