2-Port RS-232 PCI Express Card, Low Profile (Support Power Over Pin-9)
Overview of the Antaira MSC-202AL1 2-Port Serial Express Card
2-Port RS-232 PCI Express Card, Low Profile | Antaira
Antaira Technologies MSC-202AL1 is the low profile PCI Express I/O adapter provides 2 high performance 16C650-type UART compatible RS232 serial card expansion ports. Featuring a 1-chip solution for the PCI Express board to help increase throughput and reduce the CPU loading. The single chip is also able to support power over pin-9. The MSC-202AL1 can provide added serial ports for a client, or server application to provide instant COM port expansion via the PCI Express Bus (PCIE).
PCI Express provides a scalable, high-speed, serial I/O bus that maintains backward compatibility with PCI applications and drivers. The MSC-202AL1 two ports RS-232 architecture defines a high-performance, point-to-point, scalable, serial bus at speed of 250Mbytes/sec to 4GBytes/sec (and 8Gbytes/sec in the future).
The card is fully PCI Express Plug-and-Play compatible and no IRQ and I/O address conflict problems. The MSC-202AL1 provides the scalability to quickly adapt to new PCI Express technologies. It allows you to add multiple serial port connectivity as needed through a single PCI-E serial card.
- Full x1 PCI Express Throughput, 250Mbytes/sec
- Compliant with PCI Express Base Specifications, Revision 1.0a
- 2 x RS-232 Ports over an Octopus Cable
- 2 x 16C550 High performance UART channels
- UARTs Fully Compatible with all Serial Devices
- Baud Rate up to 921.6Kbps
- 256-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receiver
- 9-bit Data Framing, as well as 5,6,7 and 8 bits
- Provides 5V or 12V Power over Serial Connectors
- Supports Hardware and Software Flow Control
- Supports Slow IrDA on All Serial Ports
- Supports Low Profile Form Factor with Short Bracket
- Supports Windows and Linux