2-Port RS-232 PCI Express Card with Oxford Single Chip, Support Power Over Pin-9
Overview of the Antaira MSC-202A1 2-Port Serial Express Card
2-Port RS-232 PCI Express Card w/ Oxford Chip | Antaira
Antaira Technologies MSC-202A1 PCI Express I/O adapter provides 2 high performance 16C950-type UART compatible RS232 serial card expansion ports. Featuring a 1-chip solution for the PCI Express board to help increase throughput and reduce the CPU loading. The single chip is also able to support power over pin-9. The MSC-202A1 can provide added serial ports for a client, or server application to provide instant COM port expansion via the PCI Express Bus (PCIE).
PCI Express provides a scalable, high-speed, serial I/O bus that maintains backward compatibility with PCI applications and drivers. The MSC-202A1 two ports RS-232 architecture defines a high-performance, point-to-point, scalable, serial bus at speed of 250Mbytes/sec to 4GBytes/sec (and 8Gbytes/sec in the future).
The card is fully PCI Express Plug-and-Play compatible and no IRQ and I/O address conflict problems. The MSC-202A1 provides the scalability to quickly adapt to new PCI Express technologies. It allows you to add multiple serial port connectivity as needed through a single PCI-E serial card.
- 1-Chip Solution for Increased Throughput & Reduced CPU Loading, as Opposed to Current 2-Chip Solution
- Full x1 PCI Express Throughput, 250Mbytes/sec
- Works in 5V and 3.3V Tolerance Options
- Fully Compliant with PCI Express Base Specifications, Revision 1.1
- PCI Express Advanced Error Reporting Capability Including ECRC Support
- 2 Fully 16C950 High performance UART channels
- UARTs Fully Compatible with 16C550-type Devices
- Baud Rate up to 921.6Kbps
- 128-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receiver
- Detection of Bad Data in the Receiver FIFO
- 9-bit Data Framing, as well as 5,6,7 and 8 bits
- Provides 5V or 12V Power over Serial Connectors